- Z-Health Testimonial: Shoulder Pain is Gone
- Z-Health Movement Testimonial for Ankle Pain
- Athletic Training in White Bear Lake, MN: A Tour of the Xtreme Human Performance (XHP) Center
- Z-Health and Mike T Nelson Testimonial : Hip Pain Gone
- Kettlebell Swing Before and After Z-Health Dynamic Joint Mobiltiy Work
- Mike T Nelson Testimonial from Adam Glass, Random Updates and Training Priorites
- Pre and Post Z-Health Shoulder Range of Motion Testimonial
- Z Health and Mike T Nelson Testimonial on Deadlifts
- Shoulder Testimonial for Joint Mobility work with Mike T Nelson
- Ouch, The Muscles Around My Shoulder Hurt: Testimonial for Mike T Nelson
- Testimonial for Mike T Nelson from Robert Orr, RKC II
- Z Health Testimonial and Time to Vote
- Z Health Mobility and Mike T Nelson Tesimonial for Tricep Weakness and Neck Pain
- Ouch, my hip hurts and my glute does not work: Testimonial from Dave the rock climber
- Phone Consultation Testimonial for Mike T Nelson: Low Back and Hip Pain
- Shoulder Issue with Kettlebell Pressing: Video Testimonial for Mike T Nelson
- Testimonial from Rick Olson, RKC
- Testimonial for Mike T Nelson: Hip flexor and groin tight and painful on Squats
- Testimonial Time, TSC 2009 Training and Lessons Learned
- Testimonial Time for Personal Trainer Mike T Nelson
- Testimonial for Minnesota Trainer Mike T Nelson : Knee Pain and Post ACL Recovery
- Trainer Mike T Nelson Testimonial: Shoulder Pain While Doing A Bench Press Gone!
One of the really cool things I love about my job is that I get to work with some amazing athletes doing some extreme performances. If you want to skip the writing, scroll down to see the super short video testimonial.
One such athlete is Chris. He is currently down at a many day long (think weeks) try out to be an Army Ranger.
I’ve had the privilege of working with him a few times on some pain and movement issues. The first session involved primarily foot and ankle work to get the muscles around his hips (glutes aka butt muscle and psoas) back to working at 100%. His gait (walking movement) improved dramatically also.
On his second visit, he developed some slight foot pain and we soon found that his left pinky toe would not move at all, despite how hard he tried to move it. We went to his RIGHT hand little finger and that combined with some hands on work on a scar on his leg (just holding the tissue in a specific direction while he did the mobility work) allowed his left pinky toe to start moving again.
The great part was when he came in this past time, he had full control of his left pinky toe and no foot pain as he was very diligent about doing his homework exercises for just a few minutes each day for 4 weeks.
He is also a fitness/ personal trainer, runs a bootcamp here in Minnesota, and has been training very hard for Ranger school. His right hip started to act up a bit, so we took a look at it to get him up to 100% for Ranger school.
This time the same foot/ankle work had no effect. It seemed like his right psoas was very tight and angry (I’m probably the only one with this mental picture of a psoas muscle with a mad face on it), causing pain when he lifted his right knee up in a marching like motion.
I tested his eye reflexes and found they were “positive” in the up position. I repeated the same foot/ankle work on the right side, but this time I had him hold his eyes in the up position. Viola - the muscles fired well, psoas released (aka a happy psoas now), hip movement was great, gait was great and no pain.
This is a pretty typical progression that I see. Standard Z-Health R Phase mobility work for 2-5 sessions and then most need some specific eye work (taught in the Z-Health I Phase cert) to get the muscles working again, thus restoring optimal pain free movement.
Don’t just take my word for it though, here from Chris himself in the video below
Let me hear your comments!
If you are interested in a Z-Health session for yourself or a friend, email me at michaelTnelson@yahoo.com today. Sessions are booked ona first come, first serve basis and are 100% guaranteed. The risk is on ME to PROVE to you that it works.