August 10th, 2009
by Mike T Nelson · Filed Under: Mike T Nelson · Mobility · Strength · Uncategorized · neurology · neuroplasticity · nutrition
I trust everyone had a killer weekend. Jodie and I were off to South Dakota for her family reunion. I will have an update in the next day or so and some tips on how you can survive a 12 hour one way car trip.
Here is an interview I did with Rick from Exercise for Injuries. We chatted about everything from Z-Health, to athletic performance, to corrective exercises. Topics covered are:
- How I got my first client
- Rehab and prehab work for shoulder issues
- “Traditional” corrective exercise work vs “Non traditional” (Z-Health, neurology)
- Neuroplasticity. What is that? Why should I care?
- Can we grow more brain cells? (Is there hope for me?)
- How does the brain get its information?
- Movement maps- Why are they important and how do they affect athletic performance.
- If you have a chronic shoulder issue, is the shoulder always the SOURCE of the issue? (Hint, nope)
- The ultimate assessment that is really really fast
- Can you get instant pain relief? Is that possible?
- What the heck is an arthrokinetic reflex?
- How can you get an instant increase in strength in seconds
II) Nutrition (starts at 12:47)
- What is it?
- How can it help you?
- What happens with energy drinks like Monster, Red Bull, etc
This was done back in June
Blog has been updated to this one at http://www.ExtremeHumanPerformance.com
I am hoping (fingers crossed) to graduate later this Oct
Special thanks to Rick at Exercises for Injuries for doing the interview.
Check out his site at
Any questions or clarifications, drop me some comment love. Feel free to download this MP3 and pass it around to your friend and enemies.
Mike T Nelson